Friday, June 11, 2010

Hipstamatic

This is my new favorite app on my iPhone - the Hipstamatic camera.  Basically, it lets you shoot old school-style pics with the digital camera on the iPhone.  Simply choose your film, your lens, and your flash and start experimenting!  This app almost made me feel like a professional photographer, which I am not.

These pics were taken during a mundane trip to the doctor:



Suddenly, common objects found in my bathroom became art:




Yes, my toenails are painted silver...I was feeling a bit non-traditional when I painted them.  Plus, shiny things make me happy. 

If you've got an iPhone, you can download this app for only $1.99.  I especially love the old school sound of the flash warming up...brings back memories of cameras from back in the day!   Happy shooting! (pics, not people, of course!)

As I predicted, life's pace has slowed down since the beginning of summer and I've got loads of posts swimming in my head!  You'll be hearing more from me again soon....

2 comments:

Gabby said...

Love these pictures!

Ashley said...

love that app! your pictures are awesome! I need to practice :-)