Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Naughty Monkey

What is a girl's best friend?  The traditional answer would be diamonds, of course, but not for me.  My love?  Shoes!!!  You simply can't have enough of them (I feel the same way about purses).  Unfortunately, my budget does not allow me to purchase a lot of shoes, but a girl can dream, right?!

My new favorite shoe brand is Naughty Monkey.  They're fun, funky, a little crazy, and totally girlie.  I first saw a pair of Naughty Monkeys at Marshall's and have since seen them at Nordstrom's, Zappos.com, and Piperlime.com.  Let's take a look at some of my favorites, shall we?


First up is this gorgeous taupe boot.  I've been dreaming of a new pair of boots but I hadn't been love-struck for a pair until I saw these.


These make me want to dress up and go somewhere hip and eat sushi.



Being a mom of small children, I wear a lot of flats.  They let me look a little dressy while not having to balance on heels holding a toddler.  I'd wear these everywhere - the mall, Chick-fil-A, H-E-B, etc.



Another wear-everywhere shoe is this lovely sandal.  They sure beat a boring pair of flip-flops!  Not that I have any... :o)



I love these boots just as much as the others.  Gorgeous!


I have to admit that the "bootie" trend didn't grow on me until recently.  At first, they confused me (is it a boot? is it a pump?).  Now, I can see myself in a pair with maybe some skinny jeans or a pencil skirt.



This shoe is for the inner streetwalker in all of us.  While we women want to be loved and respected, we also want to feel a bit naughty at times.  I'd feel naughty in these shoes.  Hmm...wonder what hubby would think?



Yes - a third pair of boots that I love!  It's amazing, really - I've been keeping an eye out for new boots for the past 4 years with no luck.  And all of a sudden, I find 3 pair that I really like.  Here's what I like about this boot: being flat and having no heel, this is the perfect boot for running errands and going to the park with the kids (and I do a lot of that).  I keep thinking of how cute I'd look in them...

The prices for all these shoes are comparable to other popular brands, such as Nine West and BCBG.  If you keep your eyes open, you may catch them on sale at Zappos.com  or marked down at a Marshall's or TJMaxx. 

1 comment:

Ashley said...

cute! I love the boots, and naughty booties