Wednesday, August 12, 2009

A Day in the Life

I'm so thankful that I'm able to be home with my kids - I'd miss out on moments such as these if I were still in Cubicle World:


Ella and I played with play dough the other day and I was impressed with how well her sculpting skills have developed.


This is the little girl that she made. She made it all by herself with no help from me.



"Ella, have you seen Buddy?" "No, Mommy." "Buddy! Where are you?" **silence** Then, suddenly, "Mommy! I here!" And there he is in my linen closet.


Ella has a new technique that she uses with sidewalk chalk. She calls it "smearing". "You gotta smear it like this, Mommy." She likes the way the colors blend.


After dumping the toys out of their containers, Buddy discovered that he could fit where the containers go.


Big Stuff follows us around all day wondering what we're up to. He's a good sport with the kids. Ella likes to dress him and Christian likes to climb on him. I'm glad that they include him more in their play, although, Big Stuff doesn't quite know what to think about it. He always looks at me as if to say, "Is it okay?".


Wanna know what the newest thing is in our household? It's "GARBUNZO!!!" We don't know what it means, either. All we know is that Christian started yelling it one day and it's hilarious. The picture above shows what he looks like when he yells it.


It was a lively dinner, to say the least. See their cool solar system place mats? I bought them for $1.00 each at Wal-Mart. The kids love them. Christian has even learned the names of all the planets and can recognize them by sight.

I'd better go to bed so I can be ready for another full and never-boring day with my little people.

No comments: