Sunday, May 3, 2009

Disney World '09 - Part 2


Here we are back at Epcot. Ella had a lunch scheduled with the princesses so we spent two days at Epcot instead of one. Unfortunately, Court had the camera so I have NO pictures of Ella's princess lunch!!! I could kick myself.


While the girls were having lunch with the princesses, the boys and the grandmas had lunch at the Japanese hibachi restaurant. Christian enjoyed playing with his cousin afterwards.



Here's Christian enjoying the Hibachi show. Since he's such a picky eater, I doubt he ate any of it!


Court and I love Test Track at Epcot.


Garry, my father-in-law, just so happened to be wearing the EXACT color yellow as the elementary school group in front of us in line. He was asked if he would like to "stay with his group" on a couple occasions by Epcot employees. We all got a pretty good laugh out of it!


The highlight of my precious daughter's trip to Disney was attending the Wonderland Tea Party at the Grand Floridian. She loved meeting Alice and the Mad Hatter and she even got to sit right next to Alice during the tea party! The party was for kids only so while Debbie and I waited, we shopped and dreamed about what it would be like to stay at the Grand Floridian!

While us girls were at the Grand Floridian, the boys took a trip over to Disney's Hollywood Studios (formally known as MGM to us old-schoolers).


Court took Christian to see the Indiana Jones show. Court said he was a bit scared of the loud noises, but he looks happy in the picture.


I remember the Honey, I Shrunk the Kids play area from when I was twelve. I'm just sad that Ella didn't get to see it!


This picture shows how we all felt towards the end of our stay. Disney is all fun and no rest! It took us a week to recover from all the excitement.


My highlight was getting to see Cirque Du Soleil. It was AMAZING! Even the kids were enthralled for the entire two-hour show! (Ella isn't asleep in the photo - she was having a "moment")


After Cirque Du Soleil, we decided to walk around Downtown Disney for a bit. The Lego store has a play area and the kids really enjoyed it, despite the huge crowds. I like this pic because you can see Mimi through the little hole behind Christian!

What is it about kids and wide open spaces? They just beg them run around!


I really liked Downtown Disney. There is so much to do there. Court and I got to have a date night earlier that week while Mimi and Poppy watched the kids. We ate at the House of Blues and went to a movie. While we were there, we remembered that Houston has a House of Blues and wondered why we've never been!


My kids are not shy. They enjoyed talking to these girls through the window at the Downtown Disney McDonald's. It doesn't matter where we go, Ella always makes sure that McDonald's is involved in our trip. It's her favorite restaurant!

And, yes, there will be a part 3 to this post so more to come!

No comments: