Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election '08

I'm working on some freelance design right now, but keeping my ear turned to the election coverage while I work. The hugeness of this election hit me this morning and I must admit that there was a tear in my eye. Yes, we do need hope and change - Obama is right about that. But we would be ignorant to put our hope in a man, whether that man be McCain, Obama or someone else. After all, "all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God." The hope we need is the hope given to us through Jesus Christ. The change we need is for Americans to turn their hearts to the only one who can change this country for the better - God himself.

I also believe that whoever is elected will need our respect, honor and prayers. My prayer for whoever is elected is that God would give him wisdom and guidance as he leads our country. I'm so grateful to live in a country that is free - a country that allows its citizens to choose its leader. I'm proud to live in a country that respects women and considers every citizen to be equal, regardless of race. So I hope all of you reading this acted on your right to vote - even if your vote was different than mine.

No comments: