Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Fall Fun for Kids - Tip #1


I feel a little silly giving tips since I do not consider myself to be an expert in anything, but I've gathered so many great fun Fall ideas for kids from the curriculum that I use at school that I thought I'd share some of them with you. I'll post these ideas periodically throughout the Fall season. They're great for teaching your kids about the Fall season or even if you're looking for more ways to keep them entertained.

A great way to introduce a new season or holiday to your kids is to gather several seasonal children's books and toys and strategically place them where your kids will see them and can reach them. I placed my on my fireplace hearth. My kids love sitting down and "reading" the books - yes, even my youngest likes to sit and look at the books. Before nap time, I'll ask Ella to grab a book from the basket for me to read to them. Christian loves the "Happy Halloween Curious George" board book - I heard him saying "boo!" in his crib the other day durning nap time! Ella enjoys pretend playing with the plush Halloween toys. I keep them in the attic throughout the year
, as well as the Halloween books, so they only play with them during the month of October, which makes them even more special. This tip is not from my school curriculum, but I'm certain that the idea is not original to me. I love seasons/holidays so this is a great way for me to pass my enthusiam along to my kids.

No comments: