Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Weekend Highlights

I realize that it is almost Wednesday, but I thought I'd post a few pics from our weekend. The kids and I took a trip to the outlet mall with my mom on Friday. Ella looked like a little celebrity with all of her accessories.

Mom and I were happy to let the kids get their energy out on the playground :o)

Ella was turned on to the Juicy Couture store (oh no!) after going there to buy a birthday gift for Allison's (my sista from anotha motha) daughter, Taylor. I think she liked it because it's pink and way girlie - both of the kids enjoyed dancing to the music in the middle of the store. They actually gathered a small audience. And, of course, no trip to the mall would be complete without cookies from the Great American Cookie Company! Christian loves chocolate chip!

On Saturday morning, we went to the zoo with our friends, Cobie and Garry, and their daughter, Graycen. The weather was beautiful and it was great hanging out together with the kids. I always enjoy chatting with Cobie and I've really enjoyed getting to know her better this year. And check out my black Juicy dress that I got on Friday (love it!).

Little Buddy loves watching the koi fish in the pond. You can feed them crackers and they'll all come swarming to the surface of the water.

After the zoo, Ella and I met Allison and the girls in her family to celebrate Taylor's 11th birthday. Unfortunately, I forgot my camera :o( We saw a play by the AD Players based on the book, "Miss Nelson is Missing". It was really good! We decided to see more plays together in the future. Ella enjoyed it and she had many questions throughout the play about what was happening in the story. After the play, we ate at Canyon Cafe. Ella liked riding in Allison's car and she wanted to know, "where are we going next, Allison?".

Sunday was pretty quiet for me and the kids - Court and my dad went to the Texans game so the kids and I hung out at the house after church. We were all pretty tired after our fun-filled weekend. We ended the weekend with a trip to the grocery store. I hope to post another recipe soon. Let me know if you tried the Bacon and Broccoli Salad recipe I posted last week.

No comments: