Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The Gift of Gab

I'm so excited that one of my sweetest friends has decided to join the blog-o-sphere!  Meet Gabby, a.k.a. MamaGab.  


One lonely day in college, I prayed and asked God to bring me an awesome Christian friend who would love me the way I am and encourage me in my faith.  A few days later, Gabby knocked on my door and invited me to a Bible study (come to find out, she had prayed the same prayer!).  We've been friends ever since.  In fact, Gabby was one of my bridesmaids at my wedding (and vice versa).  I'm sad to say that Gabby lives WAY too far away from me, but we stay in touch via Facebook and by chatting on the phone every now and then (with my kids making crazy racket in the background and while her sweet baby just coos and talks). 

You'll wanna check out her blog because Gabby is awesome.  She's always got something great to say - she was, after all, a political science major :o)  Her opinion is gold to me and she's someone that I can always go to when I need prayer or advice.  So stop by MamaGab and say 'hi'!

Thank God for girlfriends!  Can I getta Amen?!

1 comment:

Gabby said...

You are too sweet! This is such a reminder to me of what God did in us back then! Our friendship, our lives, and our marriages are such a testimony of His goodness! You have always been my Barnabas, my encourager.