Monday, August 24, 2009

What Do You DO All Day???

The great thing about my days is that each one is different - I like having a basic routine, but I'd go crazy if everyday was just like the one before it. The constants in my days are homeschooling, cooking, taking care of the kids and housework. But, the other details are always changing and I like it that way. I may not have a 9 to 5, but I keep busy and my days are full. I actually have a pretty broad job description: mom, wife, housekeeper, teacher/homeschooler, graphic designer, etc., etc. Here's a phrase I often hear from working moms: "If I stayed at home, I don't know what I'd do all day!" Well, if you have kids, a house, a husband and any kind of life beyond TV shows and the couch, then you'd find that your days would be more full than you would expect. I've been on both sides of the spectrum. I've been a working mom and a stay-at-home mom and here's the surprising truth - both types of moms lead busy, full lives! And, both types of moms go to bed exhausted at night! There are pros and cons to each side and we shouldn't judge the mom who is working or the mom who is staying at home. Both moms are working hard and seeking to do what is best for her family. So encourage your fellow moms and as long as your priority is the welfare of your family, you can feel confident in the choices you make.

No comments: