Sunday, August 16, 2009

Astros Game


Court was able to get us great seats at a Houston Astros game at a really great price. Even though we are not huge baseball fans, we were still excited to take the kids to their first major league baseball game.


To be honest, the kids were more interested in playing in our isle than watching the game. However, they did enjoy seeing the train go inside Minute Maid Park whenever the Astros would score!



Here's the thing about going to a baseball game: there are times in the game when, let's face it, not much exciting is happening. So, you begin to look around the stadium, daydream, talk to the person sitting next to you, when all of a sudden - you hear the crowd roar with excitement and you look at the field only to discover that you've missed the play and have no idea what just happened. You don't have to worry about that happening in basketball or football - the game is filled with constant excitement from start to finish so your attention stays focused. Although, I seem to develop ADD whenever I attend a baseball game. It's during those moments that I decide head to the beer stand for a cold one :o)


My parents and my brother attended the game with us. The kids were excited to sit by Uncle Mike. They love him.



We had a great time as a family and I think the kids enjoyed themselves, too. However, when they started to get restless and cranky we decided to leave before the game ended. I found out later that the two most exciting plays of the game happened minutes after we left. The Astros got two grand slams right in a row! That kills me since I had waited so long to see something exciting happen! Oh well, I still have football season to look forward to!

No comments: