Wednesday, July 29, 2009

New Craft Project - I Spy Bag


I've found my next crafty project - the I Spy bag. These bags are genius. I stumbled across them while browsing around on Etsy and I thought, "hey, I can make these!". The bags are filled with various small trinkets for your kids to discover by shifting the pellets in the bag. The small toys will emerge in the clear vinyl window. We'll be embarking on another long car trip to Georgia in a month and this will be a perfect for keeping the kids busy in the car. I've been collecting small items to put in their I Spy bags and I hope to put these together in the next week or two. However, I'm not going to give the finished bags to them until we're in the car and on our way to Georgia (the newer the toy, the longer they'll play with it).

Once I put these together, I'll post instructions so that you can make one, too. If you're not into sewing then visit The Crafting Corner on Etsy. They have a large selection to choose from (the I Spy bag pictured above sells for $16.00).

No comments: