Sunday, July 26, 2009

Love Renoir


This is my most favorite painting in all the world - "Le Moulin de la Galette" by Pierre-Auguste Renoir. There are many artists that I love (Degas, Rothko, Rembrandt, etc.), however, Renoir tops them all. It must have been a lovely afternoon in Paris when he painted this. Music playing, people dancing - no one is in a hurry because they have no other place to go. Tailored suits and beautiful dresses...ahh! I wish I could be in this painting. It looks like the most perfect afternoon.

I absolutely LOVE art history and I love thinking about what life was like for the artists who lived in various times throughout history (I ought to love art history since I had to take two years worth of it in college). Perhaps one day I'll find the time to paint and create more and have a little studio of my own (even if it's a shed in the backyard!).

No comments: