Monday, November 10, 2008

Pumpkin Pancakes


This is a new Fall tradition for our family - pumpkin pancakes! We all love these and Court has already requested that I make more. I sort of made up the recipe, but based it on a basic pancake recipe found in my old Disney cookbook for kids (I got it when I was about 9 years old).

Enjoy!

Leslie's Pumpkin Pancakes

1 cup all-purpose flour

1 tsp baking powder

1/4 tsp salt

1 cup milk

1 T vegetable oil

1 egg

1/2 can of pumpkin

approx. 2 T of honey
approx.
1 tsp vanilla

cinnamon and nutmeg to taste (I use about a tsp of cinnamon and 1/2 tsp nutmeg)

Mix dry ingredients first, then add the rest. Mix with a whip until batter is smooth. If it is too thick, add a bit more milk. Heat pan/griddle on stove to med/high and spray with Pam. Once heated, add a spoonful of batter at a time. When the pancakes begin to bubble, it's time to flip. Immediately remove from pan once they are golden brown on both sides and butter both sides, if you like.

Ella and I like them served with powdered sugar sprinkled on top, but Court thinks they are great with syrup, too.

No comments: