Monday, September 6, 2010

September Happenings


Sometimes I forget that one of the purposes of this blog is to update our friends and family on what's going on with my family.  So for those of you who must know, here's what's going on with the Campbell's:

We began school several weeks ago and so far so good.  Our homeschool association is also picking up again after a long summer.  We'll begin our co-op classes this month and our first field trip is scheduled for next week.  In fact, the association has planned 2 field trips per month.  Next week we'll be seeing Clint the Snake Guy at the library and in a couple weeks we'll go to the Museum of Natural Science to check out their new mummy exhibit (which will thrill my kids to pieces!).  

Ella is in Girl Scouts again this year.  In fact, just this past week we had our first Girl Scout Daisy troop meeting - with me as a troop leader!  I'm super excited about Girl Scouts!  There are so many benefits to scouting.  I think every kid ought to be a scout!  The girls seem to really enjoy it, too.  But I have to say that I couldn't do Daisies without my co-leader.  I'm sooo grateful for her!  Both of us are fully committed to the troop and we're hoping to lead them as far as they want to go in Girl Scouts.

We signed Christian up to play soccer.  It ought to be interesting...!  He has a LOT of energy and prefers to run instead of walk.  I think soccer may be a good fit for him.  We'll see :o)

The hubby is enjoying his new job and adjusting to his new schedule.  I'm also adjusting to it.  I began waking up at 5:40 to pack his lunch and snacks for the day and make his coffee.  He appreciates it and I enjoy chatting with him before he leaves for the day.  We're still working out at the gym together three days a week - because of his encouragement and help, I can fit into my college jeans and lift more weight than I ever thought possible :o) 

Once he's out the door in the mornings, I'm in my loveseat reading my Bible and spending time with God in prayer before the hustle and bustle of the day.  That special quiet time has made all the difference in my heart and in how I respond to the events of the day.  I've come to crave that time reading God's word and I look forward to spending time my Lord each morning.

I'm still freelancing and enjoying the creative outlet it brings. 

I apologize for not doing a better job of keeping up with our friends and family out of town.  I used to complain about people who do not keep in touch and I've become one of those people!  We get busy and I feel good if I can simply keep up with the day's to-do list.  It's still no excuse, though.  I promise I'll try to do better!

Oh, and that's my husband tearin' up the living room in the picture above.  It's 95% finished and I can't wait for it to be done!

That's what's new with us!  What's new with you?

No comments: