Sunday, February 15, 2009

God Listens


I made this necklace for my friend, Leah, who has breast cancer. I found the pendant at Michael's and just added a black ribbon - very simple craft (especially good since I'm not a skilled jewelry maker). She's undergoing another round of chemo this Wednesday. God has definitely been listening to the many prayers that have been offered up on her behalf. Her first diagnosis was devastating - the doctors said that she would only have a couple months to a year to live. The tumors had spread to her lungs and her breast was basically one large tumor. A couple weeks later, they found out that only one of the nine tumors in her lungs is cancerous and that it is controllable. They also learned that the tumor in her breast had been breaking apart which means that the chemo is doing its job. Now they say she may have up to seven years to live - that's much better than a couple of months!

I don't know if God will choose to completely heal her or not, but I have faith that He can. Many of us have seen first hand how God has been blessing Leah and her family during this rough time. I'm so grateful to serve a God who is bigger than our biggest problems!

"Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you." - 1 Peter 5:7

No comments: